Green Terror Attacks Goldfish

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Firstly, experience asks why you even had a green terror and a goldfish together. a cold water fish and warm water fish? Also what size aquarium are they kept in. As for medication, put in some indian almond leaves which are antifungals. Then, just watch your fish for symptons. If something pops up, probably fungal or bacterial, use a medication from the marcyrn line. Everything from that line is very effective.

edit: i'm going to add that you need to separate the fish if it wasn't said clearly enough already. You can't keep them together. green terrors are too aggressive.

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You shouldn’t have a cichlid with goldfish. Their temp requirements aren’t even the same. Goldfish like cool water and cichlids warm. Green terrors are very aggressive I suggest you rehome one of them. The goldfish will eventually be killed.

lonehunter

Valued Member
Reaction score
The waters temperature is at 74

And he’s never agreesive towards any fish

I also did research and I saw that green terrors are generally calmer cichlids

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It doesn't matter if your fish hasn't attacked anything before. Green terrors are naturally aggressive, it just takes one day for them to turn.

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Green terrors are In no way a calm cichlid their temperament is in their name lol.

Mike1995

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i have a 8" terror. They are not peaceful. Especially to something as calm as goldfish.. Which as others said should not with eachother. different water parameters, temperatures, tankmates etc

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That poor goldfish. Please, never put a goldfish with a tropical fish. Goldie’s need to be with goldies. That’s like putting a 2 year old child in with a 16 year old bully.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom