Green Star Polyps

Time

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I want some in the furure. ATP I will wprk on my clea up crew first. Anyway what are the tank requirements, lighting, pH, nitrate, ext. What type of light do I need to buy foran 18" 40 watt light fixture?

Time

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting some and fragging it controlling its growth and trade some. I am a newbie at saltwater I just want a reef setup.

Last edited:

smileyfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
i am too. i have a relative who has been doing it for decades. I told him i liked the green star polyp- he said "ya, so did i. until it overgrew my tank!". Its a cool looking coral (and i think generally hardy and needs some current- i dont think lighting matters too much), but since i saw the entire back wall of his 350 gallon covered in it i decided otherwise. Thats just me i would definately research it online and get responses from others because im not sure about that.

Time

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Do you know the he has? I hope the other members can help me. Do you keep them? If so what lighting do you use?

MizRamzi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Green Star palys are not like your zoa's in that they grow from their own mats. They grow aggressively for real, over taking anything in it's path. They will attach to most anything, including but not limited to the back of your tank, lol.
I've had one for about 2 months now and have had to frag it twice already. Min water flow is good.

Time

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I am most likely going to get a lamp today and some snails for algae. I am going to use a 10 gallon tank filter with nothing but nitrate/phosphate remover and filter media inside. I think that would be a really good replacement for a power head since I lost the one I bought. I hope I find it soon.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom