Green Star Polyps

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade, Free' started by Fshloover, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Fshloover

FshlooverValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +43
    does anybody in Michigan have any green star polyps that I can have for cheap.o_O Because I think it is stupid that for a small section of it it is 30 dollars at my local pet shop and people just throw the stuff away because they have so much.:arghh:

2. stella1979

stella1979ModeratorModerator Member

Ratings:
    +9,571
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    So sorry for the delayed response. This one snuck by me for a few days.

Wow!! $30 for a small frag of GSP?? That does seem like total craziness to me too. Unfortunately, I don't have that coral at all anymore. If I did, I'd ask that you wait for warmer weather and then we'd work out a way to ship you some... be it a larger frag for the same cost, or a small one for cheaper.

Some reefers here have had great success with shipping corals real cheap via USPS Priority (including myself.) It really depends on where the shipment is originating and where it's going, because shipments may take 2 days, but sometimes it's three. We are reluctant to ship if it will take 3 days. My last mail-order share was supposed to arrive in Tennessee in 2 days but it got delayed and took 3. A torch coral and a montipora both survived but were not in the best condition, (though were when I sent them), and have taken some time to rebound. GSP is pretty hardy stuff and I'm quite sure it will ship well... if you are in the 2-day zone with another reefer that has it.

Again, this is not something that can be easily done in winter, and I for one would not risk it right now. There are 3-day heat packs available but I'm not sure they'd warm the box enough under very cold conditions... plus, for the seller to include a good heat pack, you'd have to pay for it too.

Anyway, I know it's tough to wait, but I just wanted to present the option... and I think I know of a seller.;) @Culprit Perhaps you guys can work something out. :)

3. Culprit

CulpritFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +4,157
    Experience:
    4 years
    Wow $30! That's crazy. I know when I first started I got my first teeeeeny frag for $15. I didn't know any better! Now I know reefers who would give me gobs of it just to get rid of it.

I don't know your weather, but I know it's probably reeaaallly cold up there in Michigan . By March, I'd probably feel comfortable shipping on my end, itd depend on you. If your in the two day shipping though and are willing to pay shipping I'm game to send you a frag now and hope it makes it. I'd say it's have a really good chance. That stuff is insanely Hardy. I've had some that was covered in GHA and hadn't seen it in several weeks I pulled it out, left it in the dry for a few hours then tossed it back in on a whim. The next day it was happy and thriving. Corals are crazy Hardy, they get stuck in boxes for over 3 days sometimes coming across the ocean, sometimes without heat and they're fine. I think with proper packing (I have very good packing boxes, I keep them anytime I get stuff), and a heat pack it'd make it very easily. I could probably work out a way to get you a few more frags too, if the GSP worked out

Either way, I have tons and can definitely try a few times to get it to you if it doesn't work in this weather.
    IMG_20181113_071021_010.

4. OP
    OP
    Fshloover

Ratings:
    +43
    That sounds awesome how can I contact you?

5. Culprit

CulpritFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +4,157
    Experience:
    4 years
    Just shoot me a PM!

6. OP
    OP
    Fshloover

Ratings:
    +43
    I don’t know how to do that can you start it?

7. Lance0414

Lance0414Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +754
    Experience:
    5 years
    Hey @Culprit how much would you sell some for? Once my reef is set up, i was planning on getting some.

8. stella1979

stella1979ModeratorModerator Member

Ratings:
    +9,571
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Hey guys. :) Members with 50 posts my buy, sell, or trade via the forum, but this activity does usually involve some personal information, which should not be shared on threads. Yes, a PM is the way to go, and to send one just click on the username for the member you're contacting. In the box that pops up you will see a link to start a conversation. Click it to start a conversation with that member, and once there, you may enter other usernames if you want to have a group convo. :)

Become a Fishlore Member