Green Star Polyp.... Question

Discussion in 'Corals' started by timon4, Apr 20, 2010.

1. timon4New MemberMember

Ok, this is going to sound stupid.....but I purchased a frag of Green Star Polyp about a week ago....when I got home I looked at the frag and one side of it was a light purple, almost pinkinsh....and the other side was a dark purple....for some reason I just decided that the pink side would go up and i should glue the purple side to the rock.....well nothing has happened....I'm now convinced I glued it upside down lol.....anyone have any ideas?

2. nemo addictWell Known MemberMember

if u have glued upside down it should come back through by it self ,, just raise up nearer to light for a week or so ,,

3. timon4New MemberMember

Well I didnt glue it upside down, but it will not come out, its been hiding since the day i got it. I purchased it about two weeks ago now and nothing has happened. All levels look good, 15% water change every week, and button polyps thriving......any ideas?

72 gallon Bowfront

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  4. timon4New MemberMember

Ok, so I took a peice of my GSP and put it almost an inch from the top of my tank and I will update this in a couple days!

5. NaeusuValued MemberMember

OH NO! you should DEFINATELY not put the GSP so close to the light!

if you glued it upside down and then flipped them over they need to adjust to the light in your tank. Put them too high and they will bleach.

6. Stang ManWell Known MemberMember

If star has not extended itself then maybe a problem with water or tank itself. Can you give me more detail on your setup and water that you use?

7. timon4New MemberMember

I use the water from my well, I mix the salt 2 gallons at a time and test the salenity in the bucket before doing any water change, its a 72 gallon bowfront, with only about 30 lbs of live rock as of now, 3 inches of live sand. Nitrite, Nitrate, Ammonia, and Ph are all within correct levels. I also have a button polyp that seems to be doing just fine, it hasnt spread yet but Ive only had it a week or so. How far should the GSP be from the light?

8. Stang ManWell Known MemberMember

The reason star has not fully extended is from using well water! You need fully purified water to acheive this hobby! Start using R/O or D/I water and you will see a big difference!!!

9. NaeusuValued MemberMember

it may not just be his water. I started out with a frag of GSP and a frag of green zoanthids. the zoas opened up right away but the GSP took forever to acclimate to my light and they didn't come out for almost amonth...i thought they were dead. I stuck them in my sump which has a lower light and they opened up within days. Try placing your GSP on your sandbed for a few days and see if that helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice