green severum

Status
Not open for further replies.

cshorty2118

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My green severum is eating everything in sight...every time we walk up 2 the tank he goes up top searching 4 food. He let's the convict eat but not the jack dempsey...he even started eating the algae wafers we put in 4 the plecosimus. We feed them 2X a day. Should I b worried about ne of this, do I need 2 start feeding him more?

Thanks 4 any reply.

Last edited:

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Don't start feeding it more. Sevs are greedy buggers. Only feed more if the other fish are not getting anything to eat. Get a decent veggie flake for the Sev. They eat lots of plant matter IME with them & will really appreciate something like HBH 8 Veggie Flakes or Spirulina Flakes. Once the other fish get some size to them they will soon show the Sev who is the bosses are.

Going form your other post about these guys, your plan to move the JD to the larger tank first & let it get settled in is a good one. What are the current readings from test results in that tank? Also what sort of plants do you have in there? Cons & JD's are plant destroyers & Sevs will eat many plant varieties to. Especially Java Moss.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I recommend feeding your Pleco sliced fresh zucchini. Just rinse it, weight it down and place it in the tank. Mine loves it! He is in the same spot every morning waiting for it I feed mine in the morning and remove the slice after an hour or so, maybe two once he shows no more interest in it. About a 1 inch thick round slice is how I do mine.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 68 67.3%

Top Bottom