Green Severum turning color?

jwhorner6

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello,
I have been keeping fish for a while now; about 15 years. I have just recently purchased 2 green severums and it is the first time I have ever had a severum. They are both about 3.5" and are in a 110 gallon tank with 3 small blood parrots (about 3" each) 8 Giant danios, 6 hatchet fish, 2 bristlenose plecos, and 8 Corydoras. So ar, they are doing great, i have noticed no aggression between them and the blood parrots and they are acting and eating fine. My water paramaters are perfect with ammonia =0 nitrite =0 and nitrate =10ppm. My question is this; one of the severums periodically turns from the normal pale green color to a very very dark blue, almost black. next day or sometimes just a couple of hours later it is back to its normal color and then will change back again. I can't figure out what is causing this color change and if it is anything I should worry about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

AlyeskaGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
welcome to Fishlore.

I've got a young Green Severum and he will change color depending on mood; fade or darken. Nothing to worry about.

Featherfin

Valued Member
Reaction score
I agree, I don't see anything to worry about. I have a couple young green severums as well and they change colors all the time. I don't see any aggression or stress with mine and they still go around changing colors.

jwhorner6

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So sounds like it is pretty normal then. Thanks for the replies.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom