Green Severum Care Information

jacob thompson
Please give me all the info you have on the care of green severums fishlore.

Coradee
Hope our Severum keepers can help you today

Nikki2577
Hi,
Temp is good at 77-80 degrees

They love to eat everything so give a variety of good quality pellets, flakes and I give mine veggies everyday Mine love zucchinI and romaine lettuce, I just put the lettuce on a veggie clip.

Give them a big enough environment 1-55 gallon (with other fish)
75gallon for a pair.
Make sure they have some hiding spots,pots, caves, drift wood, branch snags.

Be careful if you have a pair because if they spawn they get aggressive and will chase all other fish and can hurt your other fish. Other wise they are very peaceful.

They like sand substrate because they dig.

They tend to change color when they have mood changes, water changes, stress.

Mine don’t like a full blown bright light on them.

I wouldn’t try to have live plants because will eat them/tear them apart! Lol

Ph- 6.5-8.0

These are my personal opinions and what my Severums do best with, so hopefully it is all correct.
I am sure other people have more to add.

I hope this helped and if you have or are getting a Green Severum enjoy)

Nikki2577
Forgot to say they get 8” to 10” in length and can get 5”-6” tall.

jacob thompson
Yeah I got one a few days ago. All I knew was my tnak was large enough to house one and a few other fish. Couldn’t find a ton of information besides their tank size and some of the basic care. I have a big thing of driftwood and a turtle cave for my featherfinned catfish when he grows. As well as large water wisteria. I know it will become food once he grows since I can tell he’s always hungry lol, but I love the look of it and figures id attempt it.

Nikki2577
They are a hearty fish which is good because some fish are so sensitive. I have 3” fry and they ate all my floating plants, so if he figures out he can eat it, it won’t be there for long. Lol

jacob thompson
Oh and how many times a day should I feed my 1.25” green severum. He always seems hungry all the time. I’m transitioning him to pellets from flakes right now but it’s difficult. Do you have any suggestions. When he’s full grown I’ll feed him the NLS large fish formula.

Nikki2577
I would feed him twice a day until he gets quite a bit bigger. My baby Severums act like they are starving all the time but they are just beggars I use omega one super color small pellets but I am not sure at 1.5” your is big enough to eat those. I used flakes, frozen bloodworms, mysis shrimp, daphnia, and romaine lettuce. The lettuce will keep them busy for a little bit. Just remember they need their veggies

Nikki2577
jacob thompson
Thank you very much. I’m soaking the pellets in garlic to help the transition. Usin 1mm NLS pellets right now but have lots of 1mm Thera a pellets with garlic for when they get older since for some reason they are slightly larger.

Nikki2577
You are very welcome

It’s ok if they are bigger if you are soaking them because your little guy will grab it and run off with it and munch for a bit

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
NavyChief20
Replies
Views
Konfusion101
Replies
Views
Ilovebarbslol
Replies
Views