Green cory cat

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of these? what are they like?

I was just looking at throgh the site, and wondered if anyone had heard/have some of these.

Thanks

Gwenz

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have six of the green(Aeneus corydoryas) ones and five albino(albino Aeneus corydoras). The albino are what I have fry from right now. The are sweet little corys, not a bit shy and always on the go.
Carol

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Cool. ;D Now that Mo, my one last panda cory, has died, I might try to get a few of these, and put some in my 15gal too (if I have room :-\).

Gwenz

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You will like them and their tough little corys.
Corol

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
That site is the only place I have seen them, but they have a minimum charge of £20.00, so I would have to buy something else too. I think I will probably have to try and prsuade my mum to buy them for me and then buy some equipment or something too that I could use for spares, to make the money up to £20.00. ;D

How many would you say I could put in my 7.5gal or 15gal?

Thanks

Gwenz

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have 4 of these little guys in my 55 with 4 pandas also. Go by the inch rule for these guys. 1 fish inch to every gallon of water so figure out what is in your tank first and go from there. They do need to be in a school of 4 or more!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
OK thanks. I don't think I will be able to have more than 2 in my 7.5gal, as I already have 5 male guppies in there, but I'm sure they will be fine with just 2.    I did have one panda Cory that did fine by himself, but recently died. 

I'm not sure how many I could put in my 15gal. What do you think? (fish lists in my signature)

Thanks

Gwenz

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
about three in the 15 gallon would be nice
Carol

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your little panda. BTW, just an FYI: check your water carefully. Corys can be very vulnerable both to disease and to water problems. I'm sure you look after your fish to the best of your ability but the little critters will just up and die due to some trauma. I hope you find what you are looking for Gwenz.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks poefox. If I manage to get some, I will make sure to acclimatise them to the tanks well, and test all the tanks before I put them in. I will probably quarantine them first anyway.

Butterfly said:
about three in the 15 gallon would be nice
Carol
Thanks Carol. So that would be 2 in the 7.5gal, and 3 in the 15gal.

Thanks again.

Gwenz

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yep, sounds good to me Have fun!
Carol

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score