Green Cheek Conure Help With Pics Question

Discussion in 'Birds' started by 12Cin12, Aug 24, 2019.

1. 12Cin12

12Cin12Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +191
    Experience:
    1 year
    Hi Everyone!

I need a Birdie forum that is just as good as Fishlore for Green Cheek Conures. Can anyone recommend one? I've tooled around the net, but I've been so spoiled by Fishlore - I want a forum that is as friendly and useful as this one! I could just join a bunch of random forums, but I'd rather have a recommendation.

Or, maybe I can ask my question here?
    My 15 year old green cheek conure's feathers are turning black on his back. They are usually a solid shiny green. I'm worried that it might be stress or a vitamin deficiency. Does anyone have experience with this?
    Thanks so much!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  2. ElVictor

ElVictorNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    5 years
    Check out Avian Avenue! I'm on there, and even though I was new I posted a paragraph long question and had like 20 insightful replies within hours. Love them.
    Also, in my experience the darkening of the feathers is usually dietary, see if he's missing anything in his diet (like if he's picky and doesn't eat his veggies.) I've also heard of it being from vitamin D, in which case some time in a sunny window should help. :)

3. OP
    OP
    12Cin12

12Cin12Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +191
    Experience:
    1 year
    Thank you so much I will check it out! I'd thought maybe they were darkening from old age, so I'm glad to see that there is something I need to do!

EDIT: I just joined and asked my question there- seems like an awesome group! Thank you again!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  4. ElVictor

ElVictorNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    5 years
    No trouble, glad I could be of help! Good to know I'm not the only person who's in love with fish AND birds.