Green barb swimming upside down? See video

1. Wasted777 Initiate Member

So long story short, girlfriend and i bought 3 barbs, 2 green, and 1 tiger, then one of the green barbs passed while we were at work the next day. So we got credit and got an albino tiger.. so now we had a green, tiger, and albino. Now today our green barb is swimming upside down.. im assuming swim bladder issues but how or why? No other fish seems affected..

https://vimeo.com/170729027

2. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

What are the parameters, tank size, how long has it been set up, is it cycled, what other fish in tank, temp? I'd agree with you and say it's swim bladder, you'll need to fast him for 3 days and give him a deshelled pea on the third day.

3. Wasted777 Initiate Member

Our tank is a 45 gallon tall.
    Set up for 5 months or so, we just cycled it did about a 60% waterchange cause we were doing a deep gravel cleaning. Temp is 74, we never use our heater cause the other fish seem to act funny when we change their temp by a couple degrees lol. So we just let the tank do its thing.

4. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

In that case I'd just feed him the peas, I would keep an eye on the temp though. If it gets lower at night then it might cause some stress(when you aren't awake to check). Can you set the heater? Or is it just an auto? If you can set it I'd try it at 72 since the water stays above that anyway it should be fine. But if it stays steady at 74 it should be fine.:) My guess would be stress. I take it you didn't qt them? I'd look into doing that in the future, just to keep everyone happy and healthy. It saves everyone a lot of stress. You can look at your local donation store for tanks as well, they can have great deals sometimes:). Hope he gets feeling better!:)

5. Wasted777 Initiate Member

Are you referring qt as quarantine tank? Ugh it doesn't help that our yoyo loach all of a sudden started acting lazy. So he/she is already separated from the fish in a breeder net but i have 0 idea whats up with it, and the barb was fine for the first 2 days. I just came home and noticed he was doing this. He was fine this morning.

6. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Yes I'm referring to a Quarantine tank. I just now saw the video(didn't load for me before), do you have a gold fish in the tank? What other fish do you have? I'm thinking something is up with your parameters, would you mind posting them?:)

7. Wasted777 Initiate Member

Yeah we have a goldfish in the tank. Got him when we established the tank.
    Following fish are:
    2 angelfish
    Albino rainbow shark
    Albino cory cat
    Tiger/albino barb (green one was eaten over the night...)
    Yoyo loach (also passed away lastnight..)
    Chinese algae eater
    Ghost knife
    And that stupid gold fish lol.
    Time line begins around 5-6months ago:

Both angels and the goldfish were the first in the tank. 2 weeks later we got the loach and shark. Then nothing new for about 3 months, then we added the cory cat and CAE,
    Then just recently got the barbs and ghost knife.
    Parameters i will post tonight

8. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Hate to say it, but... The gold fish isn't compatible with anybody in there, they are cold water while the others are warm water. Some of the others shouldn't been in there as well, TexasDomer should be able to help.:)

9. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

You do have some stocking issues, if you'd like to discuss them.

What are the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels?