Green Banded Gobies

1. tkao Initiate Member

Hi I was wondering if green banded gobies would do well in a brackish environment? I've heard some gobies actually do better in brackish water than salt water... Has anybody had experience with this specific topic?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

There are many species of goby for freshwater, brackish & marine, the green banded is a marine goby so I would keep it in full salt.

3. 1971roadrunner Well Known Member Member

I thought I never heard of this Goby but looked it up and I have seen it at LFS's. I read on it a bit and Cora was right about it being SW only. I thought the care level would be higher than the info states, they are apparently quite east to care for - nice little fish :).

* my fish would eat him though :(.

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I had one a few years ago, they called it a Christmas goby at the Lfs because its colouring looks like one of santas elves.
    It was tiny & managed to get through a tiny gap in the lid found it dried up the next morning :(

5. tkao Initiate Member

Thanks for the help guys! What are your opinions on the coolest looking brackish goby???

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. 1971roadrunner Well Known Member Member

Well the Bumblebee goby are plentiful at LFS's and for good reason but there is one I saw once at an LFS (had to look it up for the name) which is the Kanu goby. I really liked the look and behavior of the guy when I saw him.