Green and brown

FISHY TAILS

My plants are being overrun by Brown algae. How do I control it. The fish like to eat it but its covering my artificial and real plants. Also I have to clean green Algae off the glass every few days help!!
1481174738774.jpg

Sina

How long you leave your tanks light on ?
I have the same problem with brown algae on my plants for some time then I cleaned my filter and its get better very much so when was the last time you clean your filter?
And also base on your stocking you can always get some algae eaters too

NavigatorBlack

How much and how often are you feeding? That goes with the light question above.

Your tank sounds overfed....

FISHY TAILS

Lights stay on from about 7 am to about 8 pm feed 2 times a day very little food. I like them to pick from the bottom and the plants. Changing the filter. I thought the filter holds all the good bacteria so its not good to change so often. I put a new one in I would say about 3-4 weeks ago.

NavigatorBlack

So the new filter is part of it, coupled with two feedings a day. I get brown algae when the lights are wearing out, and green when they are on too long or the tank gets direct sunlight. You have both, which says nutrients to me.
I feed tiny amounts once daily, and skip a day once a week. Since I've been doing this, I've had healthier adult fish. Juvies get twice daily for growth.
Did you transfer your filter media when you started the new filter?

FISHY TAILS

So the new filter is part of it, coupled with two feedings a day. I get brown algae when the lights are wearing out, and green when they are on too long or the tank gets direct sunlight. You have both, which says nutrients to me.
I feed tiny amounts once daily, and skip a day once a week. Since I've been doing this, I've had healthier adult fish. Juvies get twice daily for growth.
Did you transfer your filter media when you started the new filter?
Filter media meaning the blue sponge part with the carbon? I put a new one.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
carsonsgjs
  • Question
  • WillyNilly
  • Algae
Replies
Views
clark12
Replies
Views