greedy death?

buffinoz

Valued Member
Reaction score
i was trying a new food for my 2bristle nose cats ( shrimp pellets) just 4 little pellets as i turned the lights out, i did see a ghost shrimp run, grab and runaway with one.
next morning 1 of 8 shrimp is very dead and white, could it have eaten to much and died or just . ??

the fish didnt eat him, been in the tank for 2 weeks now. so i think there seetled

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I read they're susuptable to high nitrates, that's what I think I lost mine to.
Are you sure it didn't just molt?

blaxicanlatino

I thought that one of my shrimps were dead when I woke up until I did a head count and all were accounted for. Turns out, one of the shrimps merely molted. The white carcass as you descibed is most likey the molted skin from one of your shrimps (its all natural part of shrimp life). If it were a dead shrimp, it would turn pink ( I forgot why)

Hope thats it!!!

ninilie

Valued Member
Reaction score
Lol that explains why i thought all my ghost shrimp were dead and then i seen one the other day. I only had 4 but thought them all dead and what i would see was the white body thingy.

buffinoz

Valued Member
Reaction score
well i think its dead as it was pinkish and didnt look like the shell one of the outhers had left
i wont feed anymore of that pellet just yet

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm sorry you lost your shrimp, they're cool little things.
When mine died, they turned very white, not pink.
Oh and 1 went mia.

blaxicanlatino

hmmm.... well im sorry the shrimp died... but just in case.... maybe try picking up the corpse? They dont live that long: maybe 1 year or 2.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom