Greater Pittsburgh Aquarium Society

MagpieTear
https://www.gpasi.org/

Just went to the January Meeting on Friday, seems like a great group of people. Met the Aquabid seller "Oddball Aquatics" There's a wealth of information in this group. Speakers most months, a couple of auctions a year, raffles, and very welcoming to the novice.

Also found the Pittsburgh Area Planted Aquarium Society, Papas for short.

susitna-flower
I'm green with envy!

Not enough people around here even care, to have a "society".

zpecialt
That's fantastic. I wish we still lived closer to the city so I might get to go to the meetings. Glad to hear that it was so inviting. It's hard to find any aquarist organizations in these parts.

MagpieTear
Well, after having gone to 4 meetings now, I've come to the conclusion the as long as I buy the raffle tickets (15 for $5) I may never need to "buy" fish food again. Each meeting I've come home with at least one grab bag of stuff. All sorts of free goodies from various manufacturers, food, treatments, decorations, cleaning scrubbies on a long pole, even salt water stuff that I give to a coworker. This month I ended up with two bags, ended up giving most of it away to friends who have tanks because I'm running out of room... But I kept the bottles of Flourish Excel and Iron. ;D

Butterfly
Glad your enjoying your aquarium club. They can be really enjoyable and helpful.
Carol

Dark_Rider2k3
wow I didn't know about this.

I'll have to see you there Magpie

peacemaker92
That's cool! Especially the free gifts part! There should be more of these societies or clubs in the world then all the fish keepers can join!

MagpieTear
Dark Rider, I haven't made the last 2 meetings due to work obligations, but I'll be at the July meeting, hope to meet you there!

Dark_Rider2k3
Dark Rider, I haven't made the last 2 meetings due to work obligations, but I'll be at the July meeting, hope to meet you there!

haha I should be able to go so long as i'm not held up at work.

I doubt I will, so I should be there

Butterfly
Magpie Tear- Is this the Aquarium Society hosting the Catfish convention in Oct?
Carol

MagpieTear
I dunno... I'll have to look into that.

Butterfly
I dunno... I'll have to look into that.
Sorry I checked it's the Potomac Vally aquarium society.

How close is Laurel Maryland to you?
I drool every time they have one of these things. Would love to go sometime.
Carol

MagpieTear
That's almost a 6 hour drive, it's right between Baltimore and DC.

MagpieTear
Quick bump (or shameless plug, if you will)

One of the reasons I haven't been around much lately is I am now the admin for the GPASI Forum. If you're local to the Pittsburgh area and wish to learn a little more about the club, stop by, register and ask your questions. It's for members of the Society, and those who wish to learn about it, as well as general aquarium chatter (although FL does a darn good job of that, don't want to cut into that!).

Butterfly
Quick bump (or shameless plug, if you will)

One of the reasons I haven't been around much lately is I am now the admin for the GPASI Forum. If you're local to the Pittsburgh area and wish to learn a little more about the club, stop by, register and ask your questions. It's for members of the Society, and those who wish to learn about it, as well as general aquarium chatter (although FL does a darn good job of that, don't want to cut into that!).
Congrats!!
Carol

paswed
wonder where you had been just stop by to say hI magpie tear

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SeattleRoy
Replies
Views
Brizburk
Replies