great news

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My friend at work was going to throw away a 10 gall tank-- now she is giving it to me!! Yay more bettas! So it is only the tank, I gotta get the filter, heater, hood & light and all of that-- but YAY! My husband didn't even freak!

vin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
That's cool! And here I was thinking that you were going to tell us that you saved a lot of money on your car insurance by switching to Geico!!! ;D

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the tank is the cheapest part. I got my 10 gallon tanks for $12 at Petsmart. The filter, heater and light/hood are what will cost you, but it's worth it for more Bettas.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Phloxface said:
Unfortunately the tank is the cheapest part. I got my 10 gallon tanks for $12 at Petsmart. The filter, heater and light/hood are what will cost you, but it's worth it for more Bettas. 
yeah, It would be cheaper probably for me to buy the 10 gallon kit-- but this way my hubby is ok with me putting a new tank up. I priced online at Drsfosterandsmith.com and petsmart.com, I think in the long run it is cheaper at petsmart-- but still like $45.

susitna-flower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I feel for you, I now have two tanks that I am having trouble affording the filters, heaters, air pumps, etc.. for :'( But for me those additions are going to top $1000! So watch out. (not 10 gal tanks). Beware of the cheap tank, they can still add up! Like you said though, for your fish you love it is worth it.

I bet your husband really will get as much enjoyment of your new tank as you do!

Land of the Midnight Sun 8)

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Genie, you are a lucky girl!! It reminded me that I have a friend who also said " Hey I have a 10 g you can have if I'd known you were going to do fish"..the full set up....but it is finding the room........hate to line the halls with aquariums.LOL

As for cost.....between Neptune and Storm......I absolutely have spent at least $500.........OMG it sounds like so much when you look at it written down...LOL...my husband just says he is amused at how when I get into a hobby, I just jump in with both feet.......scrapbooking, cardmaking.....fish...if only he knew the real truth. LOL

Three Complete Fish tank $90 USD...........fish times 2......$10 ........medications, etc. $400.................enjoyment.......PRICELESS....LOL ;D

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
voiceless_kat said:
Genie, you are a lucky girl!!  It reminded me that I have a friend who also said " Hey I have a 10 g you can have if I'd known you were going to do fish"..the full set up....but it is finding the room........hate to line the halls with aquariums.LOL

As for cost.....between Neptune and Storm......I absolutely have spent at least $500.........OMG it sounds like so much when you look at it written down...LOL...my husband just says he is amused at how when I get into a hobby, I just jump in with both feet.......scrapbooking, cardmaking.....fish...if only he knew the real truth. LOL

Three  Complete Fish tank $90 USD...........fish  times 2......$10 ........medications, etc. $400.................enjoyment.......PRICELESS....LOL ;D
AHHH how funny-- I am the same way-- both feet! And with scrapbooking AND cardmaking. How funny

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yea, the stuff for the tank seems to be most of it.. 80-90 each tank. the DFS site helps though, much cheaper on a lot of things (including visitherm heaters) than our only choice in town (petco).

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom