GREAT NEWS

1. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

great news guys

i found a compact flurescent 55w strip light and a double tube flurescent strip light the double is 62$ and i am not sure what the 55w one is but i think i might get one to get more wpg but thats awsome for me and i am currently saving up for a 30 gallon high angel fish tank but i have a dresser that it would fit on but it would be a little less tahn a fourth of an inch off of each side would that be bad

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Tanks full of water are extremely heavy as I'm sure you know so make sure the dresser is sturdy enough to handle the weight.
    Carol

3. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

ya i am i think if it can handle me and my brother sitting on it it should handle the water but how much does one gallon of water weigh is it 8 pounds

4. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

yup 1 us gallon of water is 8 lbs so a 30 gallon sound weight about 240 lbs

5. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Where did you find these light strips? At your local fish store? Or online? Are they new or used? What brand? Do they fit a 30G tank? I also have a 30G tank and might be getting another light strip since mine is only for one 20W bulb. And I want to grow more plants, so a 20W definitely won't do in the long run for higher-light plants.

6. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

yup found them at my favorite lfs brand new and yes they would probably fit a 30g and yes mine is only 20w thats why i want to get them but as i said the are expensive but i am goiong up tomorow moring so i can try to remember the name and post it here around 11 in the morning

7. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks a lot.

8. vin Well Known Member Member

Whew! For a minute there I thought you were going to tell us that you saved a bunch of money on your car insurance by switching to Geico!!! ;D

9. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

lol unfortunaly my mom and dad at this point are against me getting another tank but i have my ways i just need to make cash first because they want me to save for college first so it may take me to christmas but as you know colllege is more important after i get out of college then i will have tons of tanks but good news is that my mom will let me raise guppys in the 2.5 gallon and i am going to move the rasboras into the big tank