Great Forum. Glad to be here.

  • Thread starter

FishPirateL337

Valued Member
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Points
166
I collect fish, guitars, knives, and guns. I work in the concrete industry. I live in Madison GA. Age of 29.
I first started collecting and caring for Gold Fish, not the plain silly ones, the fancy types.
Got tired of how stoopud they are, and moved on to tropical fish. I still have my golds and take care of em, they are
at least nice to look at.

Trops are more interesting and active. They do things besides labor around for food all day.
I prefer aggressive types, Cichlids, Bettas, and Barbs and such. I'm careful when populating my tanks, so not to give
my meanies to much of reason to kill my lesser fish.

Working on a 250g custom tank to place my Oscars and crew. They are still babies, and the 55 gallon is plenty big enuff for em.
Should start cycling in a week or so. Once the 250g is cycled and stocked and the 55 gallon is empty, I'll be placing piranhas in it, 5 or 6 tops.
Piranhas are very interesting lil beast and I will have them or nothing.

My camera is busted, so no pics :-\, but as soon as the money and time is spent and done with my existing fishy obsessions, I'll be
posting lots of pics.
 

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Messages
863
Reaction score
6
Points
188
Welcome!
 

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Messages
22,944
Reaction score
116
Points
518
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to FishLore!
Carol
 

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Messages
2,671
Reaction score
2
Points
198
Welcome to FishLore! You will fit right in here! Glad you decided to join us!
 

Neville

Well Known Member
Messages
1,225
Reaction score
8
Points
208
Experience
More than 10 years
hi fishpirate, i'm neville. welcome to fishlore. yeah it is a great site, i'm glad to be here as well. hey, i can play guitar too.
 

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Messages
25,173
Reaction score
26
Points
508
Experience
Just started
welcome to fishlore! that 250g sounds like a cool project.
 

sgould

Well Known Member
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
12
Points
198
Experience
2 years
Oh, yeah...250 would be nice!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

FishPirateL337

Valued Member
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Points
166
My 250g wasn't very hard to build, and not as expensive as i thought it would be. They plexi glass is the worse as far expense.
Spent 550$ that. Built my own cabinet with support corners to help hold the tank together. The material was close to 150$.
So in all, this magnificence drained my coffers for a modest 700$...give or take a few 20$s.
 

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Messages
1,865
Reaction score
1
Points
208
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore! You're lucky about the 250 gallon..
 

tan.b

Well Known Member
Messages
1,541
Reaction score
6
Points
198
welcome to fishlore! cant wait to see pics of the tank! good luck!
tan
 

Muffymouse

Valued Member
Messages
320
Reaction score
1
Points
188
Experience
4 years
oh way cool with the new 250 and the plans for all your tanks. My apt manager would freak out if she found out I had a tank that size and its not exactly the kind of thing one can easily hide on 24hrs notice Oh well, one day it will all be good and I can have big tanks and bigger fishes. Best wishes to you and your future fish =))
 

Shrimpy

Valued Member
Messages
314
Reaction score
0
Points
176
FishPirateL337 said:
I collect fish, guitars, knives, and guns.  I work in the concrete industry. I live in Madison GA.  Age of 29.
I first started collecting and caring for Gold Fish, not the plain silly ones, the fancy types.
Got tired of how stoopud they are, and moved on to tropical fish.  I still have my golds and take care of em, they are
at least nice to look at.

     Trops are more interesting and active.  They do things besides labor around for food all day.
I prefer aggressive types, Cichlids, Bettas, and Barbs and such.  I'm careful when populating my tanks, so not to give
my meanies to much of reason to kill my lesser fish.

     Working on a 250g custom tank to place my Oscars and crew.  They are still babies, and the 55 gallon is plenty big enuff for em.
Should start cycling in a week or so.  Once the 250g is cycled and stocked and the 55 gallon is empty, I'll be placing piranhas in it, 5 or 6 tops.
Piranhas are very interesting lil beast and I will have them or nothing.

     My camera is busted, so no pics  :-\, but as soon as the money and time is spent and done with my existing fishy obsessions, I'll be
posting lots of pics.
exellent choice of fish but remember piranahs can get BIG
 

tan.b

Well Known Member
Messages
1,541
Reaction score
6
Points
198
Muffymouse said:
My apt manager would freak out if she found out I had a tank that size and its not exactly the kind of thing one can easily hide on 24hrs notice   
have a HUGE tank in the centre of the lounge, then should appt manager come inspecting, throw a table cloth on it.....hey presto, what tank? i have just a coffee table here!!! she'd never notice the wires!! at least fish dont bark or mieow to give themselves away!! be harder to hide a rottie!!
 

Muffymouse

Valued Member
Messages
320
Reaction score
1
Points
188
Experience
4 years
tan.b said:
have a HUGE tank in the centre of the lounge, then should appt manager come inspecting, throw a table cloth on it.....hey presto, what tank? i have just a coffee table here!!! she'd never notice the wires!! at least fish dont bark or mieow to give themselves away!! be harder to hide a rottie!!
LOL that made my night =))
 

tan.b

Well Known Member
Messages
1,541
Reaction score
6
Points
198
Muffymouse said:
LOL that made my night =))
glad i made you smile!
 

Shrimpy

Valued Member
Messages
314
Reaction score
0
Points
176
FishPirateL337 said:
I collect fish, guitars, knives, and guns.  I work in the concrete industry. I live in Madison GA.  Age of 29.
I first started collecting and caring for Gold Fish, not the plain silly ones, the fancy types.
Got tired of how stoopud they are, and moved on to tropical fish.  I still have my golds and take care of em, they are
at least nice to look at.

     Trops are more interesting and active.  They do things besides labor around for food all day.
I prefer aggressive types, Cichlids, Bettas, and Barbs and such.  I'm careful when populating my tanks, so not to give
my meanies to much of reason to kill my lesser fish.

     Working on a 250g custom tank to place my Oscars and crew.  They are still babies, and the 55 gallon is plenty big enuff for em.
Should start cycling in a week or so.  Once the 250g is cycled and stocked and the 55 gallon is empty, I'll be placing piranhas in it, 5 or 6 tops.
Piranhas are very interesting lil beast and I will have them or nothing.

     My camera is busted, so no pics  :-\, but as soon as the money and time is spent and done with my existing fishy obsessions, I'll be
posting lots of pics.
welcome u'll find this website useful and there are many kind people
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom