Great find for a thermometer

brienwestchest

I got a tank with a stick on digital thermometer (one of those strips) which I thought was working pretty well until the room got warm and I realized it was giving me the temperature of the room, not the temperature of the water. I bought some cheap floating thermometers with suction cups at the LFS and those work OK. But, they're kind of hard to read with my old eyes. Then, I found this on Amazon.com I ordered one just to try it since I have three tanks and the price seemed too good to be true. I've only had it a few days. But, it works, it seems to be pretty accurate and it's really easy to read. The probe has a suction cup and the display can be stuck anywhere on the outside of your tank. So, you can make it virtually invisible.

chrisb01

That's great. Thanks for letting us know. I bookmarked the page.

I myself never believed in those stick on ones. I also think they read the room temp, rather than the water temp.

Question: Can the display box be velcro to the wall closest to the tank, instead of sticking it on the glass?

brienwestchest

You could buy some of that double sided velcro stuff and stick the display anywhere. The lead wire between the display and the probe is about three feet long.

ZeeZ

Good stuff, thank you!

escapay

You can also find very similar at PetSmart:
(a little cheaper priced)

These types are very handy. Much easier to read than all the other thermometer types.

brienwestchest

You can also find very similar at PetSmart:
(a little cheaper priced)

These types are very handy. Much easier to read than all the other thermometer types.

I ordered two more today from Amazon. They are cheaper than the model at PetSmart and I like the suction cup for the display. The model at PetSmart has a stand. I could see that getting knocked off the tank cover a lot.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fanatic
Replies
Views
AleNanoTank
Replies
Views
kallililly1973
Replies
Views