Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Great Betta Video

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by WinterSoldier., Feb 25, 2019.

1. WinterSoldier.Well Known MemberMember

Was searching around on youtube and I came across this great video! All about betta contests in Vietnam.

Share your thoughts!!

2. CaptAnnDuchowWell Known MemberMember

How could ypu possibly pick a winner? They are all so gorgeous

3. PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

That was a nice video, thanks for sharing! Lot's of pretty bettas int here for certain, several looked pretty similar to me or my friend's previous bettas. Particularly the white gold, reminded me so much of my beautiful Pikachu (he was cuter than the one in the video...), to bad me and splendens can't seem to get along. :(

It was humorous to me how much the narrator liked the orange betta! I do see the appeal, but not my personal favorite coloration lol.

It certainly could be a difficult challenge, Captann. But, they have some guidelines they go by and they are pretty thorough. I've attached a link to the guidelines they use (you have to hit the hammer on the site to actually get the list)

4. CaptAnnDuchowWell Known MemberMember

The black fancy tail was my favortie!!

5. PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

Yeah, he was beautiful! I'm not certain who exactly was my favorite, but I liked the one at 1:12 and 1:34.

The level that these competitor bettas is so much higher than any petstore betta you can get. They are just bred to be stunning with every part of them. Not that petsores bettas aren't bad, but they typically can't compete looks wise!