Gravid killifish?

Joshaeus

Well Known
Reaction score
...maybe? I am not an expert on killifishes, sadly. If I recall correctly, if in good condition rocket/clown killies spawn very regularly (though rearing the resulting fry is more challenging).

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Females of Epiplatys annulatus will develop eggs on a continual basis, and spawn whenever the male comes along. With three females your male is working his tail off, so the females have more time for producing eggs. Looks very healthy to me, but where is the surface plants?

OP
erinw347

erinw347

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
chromedome52 said:
Females of Epiplatys annulatus will develop eggs on a continual basis, and spawn whenever the male comes along. With three females your male is working his tail off, so the females have more time for producing eggs. Looks very healthy to me, but where is the surface plants?
I wasn’t planning originally to breed them, but noticed plump looking females and looked more into it. LFS is really low on everything so they don’t currently have floating plants in stock. Glad she looks healthy! Thank you for your response :)

Joshaeus

Well Known
Reaction score
erinw347 said:
I wasn’t planning originally to breed them, but noticed plump looking females and looked more into it. LFS is really low on everything so they don’t currently have floating plants in stock. Glad she looks healthy! Thank you for your response :)
You can look on Ebay, Aquabid, or Get gills.

New Threads