Gravel vacuum?

Sabi

I've read about this here now and then and want to know more or less what exactly is it?(i've never heard abt it be4) how is it used and what's the price more or less?
Thanks!

vin

You can get all types from small to large...Some are hand activated, others are water powered such as the Python...It's basically a hard plastic tube with a clear rubber hose attached...You put the end of the hose in your bucket and hold the tube in your tank, turn it to get the air out and shake back and forth to start the suction...Then turning the open end to the gravel you push the end of the tube down into the gravel and allow the suction to remove the water and waste from the gravel. You know it's time to move the vacuum when there is no more debris coming up in the tube....Just move to another spot and repeat until you've removed the desired amount of water that you wish to change...I vacuum 1/3 of my gravel each week and change about 30% of the water at the same time.

plecolover

ive also sucked the end of the tube with my mouth to start the suction If I Cant get the suction to start . it works just don't suck too much you'll get nasty water in your mouth.

Butterfly

This is what I have only I attached it to a water hose and run the water outside for my flowers.

Sabi

Thanks guys! I have a siphon some where, can I use that?

Butterfly

yep same thing I think
Carol

Sabi

That's great,Thanks! I was sure I wasn't going to find it at my lfs! I'll have to look for it here though...

Latest threads

Top Bottom