Gravel Vac Recommendation

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Betrayer, Apr 16, 2017.

1. B

Betrayer Well Known Member Member

I am looking for an effective siphon and gravel vac that would work well in a 29-gallon. I currently have a small Python brand gravel vac. It works very well in my 10-gallon. In my 29-gallon, the suction is very weak and it takes forever to complete a cleaning.

My brother gave me a length of thicker plastic tubing that he used to use in his tank. That one sucks the water out so quickly that I end up removing more water than I intend to each time I clean the tank.

I'm hoping someone can suggest a good quality gravel vac that has nice suction, but not too fast for a 29-gallon. I have a sand substrate, so if there is something that works especially well with sand, that would be great too. Thanks!

2. t

trichambers New Member Member

Hi I have a 29 gallon also and I bought a siphon from Walmart and I'm able to siphon all of the gravel before to much water comes out

3. OP
    OP
    B

Thanks! Do you happen to remember what brand it is?

4. t

trichambers New Member Member

I'm sorry I don't but here is a picture

[​IMG]

5. r

radar Valued Member Member

That's what I have as well. Use it on all my tanks. If it takes out too fast on a ten gallon I would vac half one week half the next .

6. D

Discusluv Well Known Member Member

This may be helpful to you, it rates different vacuum gravel cleaners and gives information on sizes etc...:

7. Schultz0620

Schultz0620 New Member Member

8. OP
    OP
    B

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice