Question Gravel Question

NewAtFishKeeping

Reaction score
I would like to get this gravel for my tank because of how it looks:

I will not have ciclids in my tank.
Has anyone had experience with this type of gravel as it has live bacteria? I am still going to let my tank run for a few days even after putting in the gravel since I won't have time to get the fish yet.

Thank you!

jennalynnj

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think maybe you forgot a link? What type of gravel is it? You will still need to cycle your tank, but if it has live bacteria in it, getting your cycle going may happen faster?

OP
N

NewAtFishKeeping

Reaction score
jennalynnj said:
I think maybe you forgot a link? What type of gravel is it? You will still need to cycle your tank, but if it has live bacteria in it, getting your cycle going may happen faster?
Thanks for your quick reply!
Here is the link:

It is called Pure Water Pebbles Bio-Activ Live African Cichlid Substrates. I would definitely still cycle the tank.
I want to make sure it is ok to use with other species especially since it has the live bacteria.

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It will be fine with other species as well. Just make sure you fully cycle the tank before adding fish. This stuff is great to help jump start the cycle process but it won't establish the cycle completely which takes a little time

New Threads