Reaction score
Experience
1 year

Kupcake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Blue or white really make red pop. Just a thought, I don't have any cherry shrimp

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
they seem to really stand out on darker substrates, i've read that black is great, but I just keep mine in a natural colored substrate.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello,

I have moved your thread to the Freshwater Substrates/Gravel - Sand section of the forum.
Thanks!
Ken

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have crazy gravel, it's purple, blue and black, I see them well on that (maybe you wanna pick just one colour though. I have natural substrate in another tank but with the colour, I'm not sure I would see my RCS on it. Depends on the colour, as some natural gravel is darker than others.

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Very dark brown or black is the best for a natural tank. My personal favorite is Seachem Flourite Dark for heavily planted shrimp tanks.

I believe that light brown, beige, white, and other light colors bleach the shrimp out.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Black is the best if you use a substrate but in a shrimp only tank I would go with a bare bottom. I've got RCS with both a black substrate & a bare bottom & I can see teh ones in the bare bottom best.

chrisb01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have mine in black substrate. They look cool.

chumzhujun

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Good Morning
Thanks for your reply,ideas,
Keep on rolling in.
What is natural subtrate

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Natural substrate simply means it is a natural sort of colour. Like what you would see in the bottom of a stream or lake. Usually a mixture of different browns but it can be pretty much anything that is not given an unnatural finish or colour.

thequietman44

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have mine on light/tan substrate (chosen before I had shrimp) and they do tend to wash out over it. I can see them much better over the dark brown ornaments and deep green java moss in that tank.

I personally love black gravel, but it can look a bit unnatural depending on your tank setup. I have my blue crayfish on black gravel and they really pop .

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads