Grass plants in with panda corys?? Question 

Kristyn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I was thinking of covering the bottom of my tank with different grasses and other plants and I was wondering how the panda corys would take to that being that they are bottom feeders or should I only do part of my tank and leave some substrate free of it?

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My corys rummage through all the plants I have, regardless of where they (the plants) are in the tank. My marimo balls opened up so I laid them flat on the substrate like a carpet and they love it.

-Lisa

Kristyn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ok good I was worried that they might hate it but I think I'm definitely going to get some different grasses next time I go to the store.

Any idea on how I can check what my lighting is as of right now?

Regal

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
What type of lights do you have? If you look on the bulbs it should say what the wattage is.

Kristyn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have a 17w eclipse natural daylight bulb on my 30 gallon so the equation is 17w/30 gallon, right? That's low light correct? Is .56 even suffient to grow much of anything? lol

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Not really. 0.5wpg is the low end of low so you could probably do java moss and java fern, but you'd need more light to grow grasses.

-Lisa

Kristyn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Well, a new higher watt bulb is now in order and can be added to my shopping list for when I go to Petco tomorrow Oh this is an expensive hobby lol

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads