Granules Fish Food Koi And Goldfish

Slizardo

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My friend recently got my fish food as a Christmas gift, (I told them to get me stuff for my pets whether that be betta, koi, goldfish, turtle, or ferret).

She got me TetraMin 3 in 1 flakes, treats, and granules fish food. The treats are shrimp and I feed to my turtle and the flakes I feed to my koI and goldfish. I never heard of granules before and I was wondering, would it be safe to feed to any of my aquatic pets?

LilBlub

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I’ve fed granules to my guppies before and they seemed to like them. But koI and goldfish would probably benefit more from a pellet diet rather than flakes, since flakes tend to be formulated more for tropical fish. Since granules are basically just really tiny pellets, they actually might be better for the koI and goldfish than the flakes are.

OP
Slizardo

Slizardo

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
LilBlub said:
I’ve fed granules to my guppies before and they seemed to like them. But koI and goldfish would probably benefit more from a pellet diet rather than flakes, since flakes tend to be formulated more for tropical fish. Since granules are basically just really tiny pellets, they actually might be better for the koI and goldfish than the flakes are.
Hm, that's interesting I'll try and see how they like it then.

LilBlub

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I gave my friend a container of “goldfish granules” for his two baby goldies and they like them much more than the flakes he was giving them before. I hope your fishies like them too, because they tend to not make as much as a mess as flakes so they’re more convenient .

New Threads