Grandma's Tank

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello So I am going to be getting my great-grandmother a fish tank, she really could use the excitement and joy that comes with a tank. I think that it's a good idea to get her one because I live extremely close to her and I would be on hand for maintenance or any problem. I want to find something smaller for her, nothing that needs a stand but can be easily placed on a small table.

Personally, I am limiting it to something to larger than a five gallon, I almost want to get her one of those "kit" tanks like the MiniBow or Cylinder. She won't be keeping anything more than a betta.

Alright, so I will find the right supplies, and let everyone know what I come up with! I cannot buy anything right now, she will be moving to a different location which is just minutes from my house, so I don't want to install it until the move is over.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
A 5gallon topfin tank works great for bettas, get some plants and male betta and for being simple i suggest just putting a nylon over the intake. Also it dosent come with a heater!!

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
CanadianFishFan said:
A 5gallon topfin tank works great for bettas, get some plants and male betta and for being simple i suggest just putting a nylon over the intake. Also it dosent come with a heater!!
Well, not to sound harsh or offending, but I really dislike TopFin and all products by them.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ASHLEY R COOK said:
Fluval tanks are nice
Yes, those are quite nice
Her favorite colors are pink, purple or blue. I was thinking of adding silk plants which are green, and then one larger plant in those colors to give it a pop.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Fanatic said:
Well, not to sound harsh or offending, but I really dislike TopFin and all products by them.
Just a suggestions thats fine and good. I just buy them because there cheap and get my bettas needs xD.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
CanadianFishFan said:
Just a suggestions thats fine and good. I just buy them because there cheap and get my bettas needs xD.
I understand you, that's what I would do.
It's just that I personally prefer Aqueon or Marineland. I used to be all TopFin.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
CanadianFishFan said:
Hmm i will look into those kits.
I also avoid kits, because I replace more than half of what is included.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When i had an actual lfs near me instead of a petco they would help you build a "kit" out of better supplies and give you a discount since you were buying everything. My 75 was a "kit" and it cost about what just the bare tank and filter cost. I got the stand, lights and topper basically free.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
david1978 said:
When i had an actual lfs near me instead of a petco they would help you build a "kit" out of better supplies and give you a discount since you were buying everything. My 75 was a "kit" and it cost about what just the bare tank and filter cost. I got the stand, lights and topper basically free.
Awesome!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom