Gouramis

jabber

Reaction score
I have a question about my gouramis. I know I have a male and a female. They are beautiful fish. My problem is I think they keep wanting to spawn and I don't know what to do. The male is being very aggressive he hasn't built a bubble nest yet, I haven't really given him any material to do that because I really don't want baby fish right now. Can you help with any suggestion's. I'm kind of worried about the 6 tiger barbs and the female gourami.

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
If you have a strong enough current they won't breed. Gouramis tend to be territorial so the male is acting normal.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
But wouldn't making a strong current be stressful to them? Of course Bettas can't be kept in breeding pairs, but if they could that would be like making a strong current in a Betta tank so they wouldn't breed, wouldn't it? I think Gouramis like still water too...

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
But the bubblenest is at the top, which is where Anabantids like to swim. If you don't want fry, the best thing to do is not get a pair, not try to prevent them from spawning.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom