Gouramis With Cichlids?

Friends.NotFood.
shutterbug13
It would depend on the cichlid species, lots of people have dwarf cichlids (rams, apistos) with gouramis.

Greg F
Most larger gouramis are tough enough to handle themselves with small to medium cichlids. Would need specific species though to answer with confidence.

Dawnv8
Similar question. I’ve got a gold gourami, a dwarf gourami, a German blue ram and an electric blue ram. I realize maybe the two gouramis together might not turn out so well, so I’m gonna watch them closely. I would like to have a red shouldered severum. What do u think?

Greg F
Similar question. I’ve got a gold gourami, a dwarf gourami, a German blue ram and an electric blue ram. I realize maybe the two gouramis together might not turn out so well, so I’m gonna watch them closely. I would like to have a red shouldered severum. What do u think?
If the tank is big enough I would think so.

Friends.NotFood.
Most larger gouramis are tough enough to handle themselves with small to medium cichlids. Would need specific species though to answer with confidence.
I have 2 convicts. A jack Dempsey. A bumblebee. An auratus. And an orange blossom

Friends.NotFood.
Severums are actually not so aggressive. I can’t really say with confidence if they’ll mix well but I do know that severums aren’t as aggressive as other cichlids

Greg F
I have 2 convicts. A jack Dempsey. A bumblebee. An auratus. And an orange blossom
I am shocked you are able to keep anything with a pair of convicts. Personally would not try a gourami with those guys. All but maybe a full grown kisser would be out of their league.

Greg F
Severums are actually not so aggressive. I can’t really say with confidence if they’ll mix well but I do know that severums aren’t as aggressive as other cichlids
Agree. For their size they are pretty personable. They still need a good bit of space though.

Friends.NotFood.
I am shocked you are able to keep anything with a pair of convicts. Personally would not try a gourami with those guys. All but maybe a full grown kisser would be out of their league.
Yeah the convicts are a handful especially the 2 of them together but that’s why I’m asking first lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

• jinjerJOSH22
  • Gourami
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22
Replies
Views
New2fishlovinit