Gouramis both suddenly “hanging” or sitting on bottom

Wiss1

Help, both our red honey gouramis have suddenly started “ hanging”. One was in the plant like wedged with his mouth pointing up, tail down and the other one was somewhere else doing the same. I touched the plant to check she wasn’t dead and both moved and swam a bit but kind or hung and rolled. They were fine this morning. Surely can’t be both ill?!?
We’ve had them 2 weeks and done 25% water changes each week - just done another. Ammonia is 0 nitrites tinged very very slightly much less than 0.25 ph is about 8.

WRWAquarium

Hi

Can you fill in the emergency template? That will give us more info to work with.

Hope they can recover

Wiss1

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank?58l
How long has the tank been running?3 months ish
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What is the water temperature? 25 degrees
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) 2 black skirt tetras 2 red thick lip gouramis ( tetras ignore gouramis so not stress related to other fish)

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? Every week
How much of the water do you change? 20/25%
What do you use to treat your water? Tap safe plus ( has declorination and aloe Vera)
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? We have sand can’t work out how not to suck it up so just water

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? It is cycled but we used the black skirts as this was recommended. Gouramis added when cycled
What do you use to test the water? Liquid and test tubes
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0- 0.1
Nitrate: haven’t got test for this
pH: 8

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? When new fish added 2x week just started every other day
How much do you feed your fish? Small pinch
What brand of food do you feed your fish?
Do you feed frozen? No not yet
Do you feed freeze-dried foods? No

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 2 weeks
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? Just now
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? See above
Have you started any treatment for the illness? I’ve moved them in to a bucket with some very old disease prevent stuff I had from when we had a goldfish ( nothing is open now to get anything and it’s all we had - tbh they look like they are dying so…. :-( )
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? No
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? See above

Explain your emergency situation in detail.
(Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now)
Here’s a photo of the tonic I put in bucket. Because it’s old I didn’t want to add it to the tank in case it hurt the other 2. Also photo of little guy. The slightly bigger one is just resting in the bottom of the bucket now - not hanging at least. Little guy is still hanging vertically but at bottom of bucket
We’ve got tonic salt coming tomorrow on prime.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 82AED374-25A7-4383-9669-29347387D8DB.jpeg
    82AED374-25A7-4383-9669-29347387D8DB.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 10

Wiss1

So sadly both our baby gourami girls died :-( very strange how they were ok for 2 weeks and seemed happy then just died one day out of the blue.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SecondTime
  • Question
Replies
Views
HungriestPuffer
Replies
Views
UnknownUser
Replies