gouramis are chasing my new mollies 50 Gallon Tank

1. natureboy12 Initiate Member

ok, so i just bought four new mollies, one male, three female. i have two dwarf gouramis who are pretty active and they wont leave the mollies alone, they keep touchin them with there tentacles and chasing them and nipping them, and now all the mollies are hiding under or in plants completely hidden. they wont even come out to eat or anything. im kinda worried about them. is this normal for them to hide? or should i take them out or what? help please

2. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

the gouramis might just be establishing territories, or they could be trying to kill the mollies, but since they are using their feelers i would just say establishing territories. al long as no one is getting killed or super stressed i say let them be and just watch them today, if this persists then i say return the gouramis or the mollies

3. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

if this is for your 50g tank, id let them be also :) as long as all the water parimeters are in check, they will adjust...if after a week they are still chasing, take out the gouramis and rearrange the tank deco...after 30 mins or so, put the gouramis back in like its a new tank to them

4. natureboy12 Initiate Member

awesome thanks... what can i do about them eating? they wont even come out to eat.

5. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

they will eventually...what else is in the tank with them?

6. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

if its the first day then i doubt they will eat, being stressed, but what i do for my fish that wont come out to eat(they know who they are(female krib)) is i soak their frozen food block in tank water then i stir it up really good then i dump it into the tank. some makes it past my wall of guppies and then my less competitive fish can eat at their own speed while my guppies and platies are at the top

7. natureboy12 Initiate Member

3 neon tetras, and two other small guys, not sure what they are exactly. lol. i should figure that out. sorry.

8. natureboy12 Initiate Member

i only have tropical flakes to feed them... i dont know what the frozen food block is??? what is it?