gouramie male and female

1. Spectralflux Initiate Member

a coworker of mine decided he did not want to run fresh water in his tank and more and that he wanted salt water

so he gave me the last three fish in his tank 2 honey gouramies and a pea puffer i think they are all cool the puffer is cool and ridding me of a pond snail problem

but my big questions is this person told me that is was a male and female gouramie and i think they are but as i have no experience with these fish at all and have beening mostly dealing with the livebearing platy is are is this a male and female gouramie and witch is witch i have pictures and will link them

the fist one is almost colorless just yellow tips on its top and bottom fin but the second one has red tail and rear fins and the same yellow on the top and a dark black bottom fin i am just wondering for my own knolage and so that i can put my curious mind to rest lol

i am sorry the pictures are not the best they did not want to stay still long

IMG_0284.JPG IMG_0286.JPG

2. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

They both look male, if their honeys you should be ok. The second one looks like its fins have been dyed/tatooed.

3. Spectralflux Initiate Member

Now that I am looking at the fist picture it is really bad since it make the dorsal fin pointed since it is round most. Of the time and. The second one I. Think is the male I not sure what you mean by the fins beeing dyed

I really really hope they are male and female. Since I was told they where and I wanted to have a chance to mate them

4. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

His fins look red yellow and blue. Blue is not a honey color.

5. Spectralflux Initiate Member

ItS black sorry for the bad pictures

6. mosaicguppy Well Known Member Member

The second is most definitely a male and a beautiful one too! The blueish/black colouration is what males get, perfectly normal. :) I think the first one is female, but not 100% certain as there are different colour varieties and it can be difficult to tell them apart.