Gourami with bump on mouth

Discussion in 'Gouramis' started by amber0107, Jan 8, 2013.

1. amber0107Well Known MemberMember

I noticed two days ago during a water change that my honey gourami had what looked like a pimple on her mouth. I didn't think much of it at the time but kept an eye on it. It's not getting much bigger but it's not going away either. It's acting fine...eating and swimming and not appearing stressed in any way. My nitrates are around 10 and ammonia and nitrite are zero.

It's strange enough that its causing me some concern. I'm using my quarrantine tank right now for some sterbai corydoras I got the other day, so I don't have anything appropriate to put it in right now, but I can always rig something if need be.

Here is the best picture I could get. What does it look like to you?

005.jpg

2. tunastrackWell Known MemberMember

I had a dwarf flame get something that looks a lot like that. It stayed there for about a week and then started to fade away. I have noticed he likes to rut down into stuff so I think he scratched himself on something. Im no expert but it kinda looks like a scab to be. Good luck hun!

3. amber0107Well Known MemberMember

Thanks! I've seen similar scuffs/scratches before, but usually they've gone away quickly. I'm crossing my fingers that it just got into something it shouldn't and it's nothing serious.

4. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

Looks like he bumped it on something. Should be fine