Gourami Tankmates

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Sergeant Pepper, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Sergeant Pepper

Sergeant PepperWell Known MemberMember

This might be a very dumb question but I figured I'd better ask.

I have a 29 Gallon Tank that's 78° and lightly planted. The inhabitants include- 1 Dwarf Gourami, 7 Silvertip Tetra, 2 Nirite Snails, and about 6-7 Ghost Shrimp (with new babies!!)

What else can I get for this tank other then schooling fish that the Gourami will tolerate?

I had purchased a Bolivian Ram at the same time as the Gourami but the Gourami bullied it horribly. He leaves the Tetras alone.

What would work with this Gourami?

Would a single Angelfish work?

Suggestions?

2. FallenOwl

FallenOwlWell Known MemberMember

3. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

You could try a single angelfish, but you would need to watch for aggression between the DG and the angelfish, and be prepared to rehome one if there are issues.

What about a school of cories? As mentioned above, rasbora would also be a great idea, and you have room for both a school of harlequins and cories.

4. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

I would do the angel fish. I have the one Koi Angel as the centerpiece fish in my 30 gal. Sparky is the first and only angelfish I have had . what a great fish , lovely to watch and very interactive . Alison:;hi1

5. OP
    OP
    Sergeant Pepper

I will have to give that a try. Worse comes to worse, I'll rehome the Angelfish.

6. OP
    OP
    Sergeant Pepper

Ended up with 1 Angelfish and 5 green cories. Will up the Cory school when I find more. Maybe up to 8 or 10 eventually

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice