Gourami Tankmates

1. Sergeant Pepper Member Member

This might be a very dumb question but I figured I'd better ask.

I have a 29 Gallon Tank that's 78° and lightly planted. The inhabitants include- 1 Dwarf Gourami, 7 Silvertip Tetra, 2 Nirite Snails, and about 6-7 Ghost Shrimp (with new babies!!)

What else can I get for this tank other then schooling fish that the Gourami will tolerate?

I had purchased a Bolivian Ram at the same time as the Gourami but the Gourami bullied it horribly. He leaves the Tetras alone.

What would work with this Gourami?

Would a single Angelfish work?

Suggestions?

2. FallenOwl Well Known Member Member

3. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

You could try a single angelfish, but you would need to watch for aggression between the DG and the angelfish, and be prepared to rehome one if there are issues.

What about a school of cories? As mentioned above, rasbora would also be a great idea, and you have room for both a school of harlequins and cories.

4. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

I would do the angel fish. I have the one Koi Angel as the centerpiece fish in my 30 gal. Sparky is the first and only angelfish I have had . what a great fish , lovely to watch and very interactive . Alison:;hi1

5. Sergeant Pepper Member Member

I will have to give that a try. Worse comes to worse, I'll rehome the Angelfish.

6. Sergeant Pepper Member Member

Ended up with 1 Angelfish and 5 green cories. Will up the Cory school when I find more. Maybe up to 8 or 10 eventually