Gourami tail disappeared over night HELP ME

herefishy

Reaction score
my gouramI is about 3 months old he is in 20 gal with 1 glass is 3 goldfish 1 algae eater and 6 extremely small fish I have no idea what they are. Tank has been setup a lil over 3 months I have had no deaths yet I just went to check on the fish and the gouramis tail was almost completley gone and what is left is got se blood spots were it had come off and looks like the rest of it could fall off any moment ammonia is at 0 nitirtes 0 I did last week add one of those in tank filters I think whisper makes them they go in the tank and filter the water thourgh the machine and it comes out the top again all the other fis are fine and have not been hurt the gouramI is eating fine acts like nothing is wrong there is no fungus at all just the tail missing please help me to find out what this is before it kills him or my other fish could his tail some how gotten in the filter aand just got ripped off I have no hospital tank it sprung a leak

bbfeckawitts

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm almost 100% sure your other fish bit the tail off That's probably the only thing that could happen :-\

poefox

Well Known
Reaction score
Sorry about your hospital tank. You might go round your pet store and ask for some jungle clear--I believe it cleans up infections as well as fungus. This sometimes happens unfortunately--ask them as well about other antI infection stuff.

New Threads