Gourami Stocking in 10 Gallon

Discussion in 'Gouramis' started by GBR.Moorrreeee, Apr 20, 2010.

1. GBR.MoorrreeeeValued MemberMember

Hello. Ihave a 10 gallon tank thats empty. Could i get 3 Chocolate gouramis with 7 Dwarf Pencilfish and a Hara Jerdoni??

2. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

I'm going to to with no. 11 fish in a 10 gallon is toooooo much, unless they're neons. Chocolate gouramis are very hard to care for.

3. GBR.MoorrreeeeValued MemberMember

The pencilfish and Hara Jerdoni only get 1.2 inches. They're also all shy so none of them will frighten each other.

4. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Taking care of a difficult fish is one thing.....taking care of a difficult fish in a small tank is another....but taking care of difficult fish in a fully/over stocked small tank is something else entirely. Maybe in a 20?

5. ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

+1

If I could add, Chocolate Gourami are EXTREMELY EXTREMELY EXTREMELY hard to keep alive in a newly set up tank. Even harder than breeding discus (I know, bad comparison). They are ridiculously sensitive to water parameters and could go down even with the slightest change in pH or nitrates.

6. GBR.MoorrreeeeValued MemberMember

K. Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice