Gourami spitting food out

Swiftyfishy2008

I got a gourami recently and he’s been looking healthy and swimming fine. But when I try to give him freeze dried blood worms or daphnia and he eats it, spits it out and eats it and spits it out agian continuously, I even tried crushing them up for him he still did the same thing, so I used flakes and still, he’s spitting them out, anyone know why my gourami is doing this?

Azedenkae

Yep. This is very normal behavior for new fish. They are attracted to the food, but when trying to eat it, finds the food unfamiliar and spit it out.

A lot of people will then try to switch up food until they find one the fish would eat.

I however, always just keep feeding the same food everyday. Initially the fish will refuse the food, but eventually they'll get so hungry that they have to eat it. Then they get used to it and never shy from the food again. This has never ever failed for me, so I don't have any reason to believe it would fail for anyone else.

Swiftyfishy2008

Yep. This is very normal behavior for new fish. They are attracted to the food, but when trying to eat it, finds the food unfamiliar and spit it out.

A lot of people will then try to switch up food until they find one the fish would eat.

I however, always just keep feeding the same food everyday. Initially the fish will refuse the food, but eventually they'll get so hungry that they have to eat it. Then they get used to it and never shy from the food again. This has never ever failed for me, so I don't have any reason to believe it would fail for anyone else.
Ok, thankyou, I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t anything super bad, I’ll just keep feeding the same food like you said

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sofiafish17
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
  • Question
Replies
Views
Eclipse737
Replies