Gourami red raised bump

herefishy

Reaction score
I have a dwarf gouramI and within the last few days it has developed this rather large bump underneath its head just as it slopes from its mouth to the underneath of the body the scales are sticking out and the bump is very red fish is eating fine does not even seem like its bothered with this new bump I to the fish out to fill the bump and it is soft any clues

kerryve

Reaction score
first off - does it have any tank mates? - if so quarantine him - make sure the water is changed regularly. I have no clue what it could be, would you be able to post a pic - that will give us a better idea.

OP
H

herefishy

Reaction score
ive tried to take pics but there awful I don't have another tank at this time he is in the tank I use for quaratine I got him and three goldfish in this tank as emergancy they are all like 2inches big nitite ammonia both 0 and ph 8.4

kerryve

Reaction score
Oh no, I think you should try to lower you Ph a bit, check your NitrAtes, they can at high levels cause sickness - they should be at about 20ppm. Raise your temp a little, to about 29' Celsius - Ask if you can salt bath a gourami, I don't think you can but its worth a try, Otherwise, Theres not much we can do until we can identify what is wrong with your fish.  And Remember to do frequent water changes, please. The cleaner the water the better the chance of your fishy recovering.

Check to see if there are any sort of parasites, look very closely.  It could cause inflammation like that.

Keep us posted, do try to take pictures.
Good luck

New Threads