Gourami or Apistogramma? 29 Gallon Tank 

JJBriant

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello all, so I have a 29 gallon tank that has 10 neon tetras, and 7 guppies and some Amano shrimp. Until yesterday I had 2 juvie angels in there growing out a bit but I finally moved them Into their forever home. So now I want to put either a gourami or an Apistogramma of some kind in there. I keep the tank at about 77 degrees, water is medium hard, pretty heavily planted. What do y’all think would go better in there? I really like dwarf Gouramis, but I’m a little scared of dwarf gourami disease.

RileyMocha

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I currently have a DG and LOVE him. I was a little hesitant to get one at first because many people warned me about them having health issues, but in the 11 months I've had him, he's been healthy. He is definitely the boss of the tank though and isn't afraid to warn the other fish when they get too close to him.

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It's hard finding healthy DG because half of them have DGIV, so if you find a healthy DG it is considered winning the lottery IMO.

I would go with a.caucatoities(cockatoo cichlid)

or t.chuna(honey gourami) is better than DG.

JJBriant

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
FinalFins said:
It's hard finding healthy DG because half of them have DGIV, so if you find a healthy DG it is considered winning the lottery IMO.

I would go with a.caucatoities(cockatoo cichlid)

or t.chuna(honey gourami) is better than DG.
yeah I like the caucatoities a lot and I like honey gourami, just not as much as a dwarf gourami or pearl gourami or something of that sort. Or maybe a group of sparkling Gouramis

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I would go pearl bc sparkling gouramis are shy and I think the activeness of the guppies would stress the sparklings a little.

JJBriant

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
What would you guys think of 7 guppies, 10 neons and 3 honey gourami?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom