Gourami not eating

1. Katrina Stevenson Initiate Member

I have two dwarft blue gouramis doing great went and bought two pink gouramis bigger one is 3 inches the other is 4 but I havent seen them eat the flacks since I got them 3 days ago what do I do they are swimming and sucking on everything but dont see them eating please help thank you

2. Nicoldeme Member Member

What size is the tank? How long has it been up? Could you please give the parameters? Where did you buy the new fish? What exactly do you mean by sucking on everything? Are they biting food, but spitting it out? If you could please answer these questions, we can help you a lot easier. And also, please use grammar, it's very hard to understand what you're trying to say without it. Thx :)

3. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Hi and welcome to the forum and glad you joined us. It is usually recommended to only keep one species of gourami in a tank two will most likely fight Also the two blue dwarf gourami, are they male and female or two males . Two males as they mature will usually result in one seriously hurting or killing the other one. Alison

4. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

What are pink Gouramis ?

5. SuhailMMulla Initiate Member

Hello.
    I have observed the same behaviour of my gouramis.
    I have 350 litre tank of 28 inches height. pH is 6.8 to 7.2. My tank is community tank with 1 Dwarf Flame Male, 2 Blue Gourami pairs, 4 male Denisonni, 4 Clown Loach and 10 corydoras.
    Initially Gourami's were biting Tetra Bits and throwing back. I have tried blood worms and they love it. They usually floating at surface and when happy, swim from top to bottom and again bottom to top.

6. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

I am pretty sure that is what a lot of people call kissing gourami , Alison

7. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Ah okay, then tanksize matters !

8. Nicoldeme Member Member

I don't know a ton on gouramis, I'll let Alison help there, but you said your pH was 6.8 to 7.2? That means it's not stable? Or is it just difficult to read the test strips? You want to make sure it stays the same, fluctuations are deadly to fish.

9. SuhailMMulla Initiate Member

Its prettu much stable now. I have quoted for span of two months. Mostly initial span of three weeks it was fluctuating as one of my stone was contributing towards it. Now its stable. However I use to check it after water changes. And each time it varies by 0.2 to 0.4 after water change. I use "Be Relax" as water conditioner. After hour or two, pH stabilizes with older water. I dont know How to alter pH?

10. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Don't stabil is better than lower.

11. Nicoldeme Member Member

Let new water sit out for a day before you put it in. I leave tap water in jugs for about 12-24 hours and condition it just before I put it in the tank. It's worked for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. dandelion Member Member

I owned two male dwarf blue gourami for awhile. I remember that they were sensitive fish and prone to stress. They also weren't the best at eating "anything and everything". Are all of the gourami not eating? Or is it just the two that were originals? You may also be overfeeding. Any details help :)

13. SuhailMMulla Initiate Member

I have 350 Liter tank and I prefer 30-40% water change per week. Now storing 100 liters for a day will be difficult, but I will try. Thanks for suggestion though