Gourami is pale

1. O

Ooitssarah Initiate Member

Please help me, my pearl gourami has lost all of his colour, the first day I noticed this I did a water change but no difference to him, my water has been tested and is absolutely fine, and my temp is 24-25, what do I do? He also seems like he is sitting a lot more, on the bottom of the tank or on ornaments and that he is a lot smaller in size. His black stripe used to go from his eye to his tail but now is completely gone on this body and only a little bit of it remains near his eye. The scales near his eye also look shinier and more scaly! :(

2. tokiodreamy

tokiodreamy Well Known Member Member

Can you add a photo or video?

When did this start? Does he show any other signs of illness?

3. OP
    OP
    O

Ooitssarah Initiate Member

Signs started four to five days ago, I'm new to this so I'm not too sure how to add a photo sorry!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top two photos are before and the last one is now

4. tokiodreamy

tokiodreamy Well Known Member Member

When did you start this tank and when did you add the gourami?
    What are your water parameters and what is the tank size? Are there any other fish in the tank?

5. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Looks like a different one !
    First pics = matingcolors

6. lyfeoffishin

lyfeoffishin Member Member

Interesting... I just got my first gourami about two weeks ago. Mine was very outgoing for the first 2-3 days hogging food from my rasboras but then he retreated to my plants for refuge. He was pale for about a week and I started to worry but then yesterday I seen him and he was showing color again and is starting to come out during feeding time now.

I've read this from many other people that it seems to be an adjustment phase for them. If yours is new I would say wait it out a little longer and see what happens. Hopefully it turn out good they are beautiful fish

7. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

I'd even say there is a start of a bubblenest in the second pic.
    I'd give it some floatingplants.