Gourami Info

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Ecvtank, Apr 21, 2017.

1. EcvtankNew MemberMember

getting new 20 tank how many gourami could I put into it read that over stocking the tank will help with aggression but not sure

2. bubblegum-heartValued MemberMember

Gouramis are best kept in a male to female ratio of 1:2. Two or three is a good number.

Overstocking will, more often than not, add more aggression because the fish don't have enough space. I'm pretty sure you can only have more than three if you have a large tank with lots and hiding places, but even then that might not be enough.

3. BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

Depends what type of gourami. You could probably have 6 sparkling gouramis or 2 honey gouramis but just one dwarf gourami.

4. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

I have a 27g, with 2 Opaline Gouramis, (plan to add another) and they are great fish. They are peaceful in their temperament. I also have 2 Albino Cories, and 1 CAE.

I plan to add more middle dwelling tank mates to the tank, probably going with some kind of tetra.

5. EcvtankNew MemberMember

Good to know thanks

6. EcvtankNew MemberMember

I have one dwarf and a golden now and they seem ok with each other but would like to add a few more in this new tank

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice