Gourami Help needed!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by yallyall1, Apr 13, 2010.

1. yallyall1Well Known MemberMember

Hi, just this morning i noticed my gourami with a white spot directly in the middle of his head.It looks whispy so I wonder if it is a fungal infection? i raised the temperature to 86 and rigged up an airpump. I will go down to the LPS and get some salt and meds. Which meds would be good?If i add the salt to the tank will the corys cope? Should i move them? If i move them will that infect my other tank? will I have to medicate that tank as well as I use the same equipment for both tanks?

No other fish look in danger except for slightly red gills which i am treating with daily water changes. The ammonia is almost undetectable as is the nitrite. What should i do?!!!!:;dk

2. JrobberWell Known MemberMember

Were your fish acting funny prior to getting the white spot? Was this a new fish you just added?

Before you get any meds, just try raising the temperature and doing a gravel vacuum.

3. yallyall1Well Known MemberMember

hes not acting funny at all.....

Ive been doing daily water changes up until yesterday. ill do another now.

i am wondering if it is a fungal infection.

I'm sorry about this but I have to go to a sleepover at my friends house in a couple of hours so i have to get the meds now.

4. Jake the FishValued MemberMember

Is it like fluff?
    Some of my fish have had it and it just went away. I didn't even do anything.

5. yallyall1Well Known MemberMember

i had another look and it wasn't so fluffy.
    anyways, ive done a water change.
    my dad is going berserk at me!

6. Jake the FishValued MemberMember

Good to know its not what my fish had. A water change might help.

Lol, my dad gets angry if I make a mess too.

7. yallyall1Well Known MemberMember

hi guys ive just started school, sorry i haven't been keeping you posted.

this morning I found a tetra stuck in the filter and another dead in a swordplant. Its definately fungus, with some fin rot. My gourami's covered with the infection and my 2 tetras are too. This is becoming desperate now. I am treating with Myxazin for 4 days with not much as for results. What should I do?

PLEASE HELP!!!

8. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

9. yallyall1Well Known MemberMember

im really sorry guys, too much school, too much caring for fish and to top it all of, my grandma has to get her finger amputated!

anyway (sigh), my gourami was on its backside trying to breathe in the corner of the tank, so we put him to sleep :(, and the other tetras scuicided into the filter. but my cories are doing great! :) they show no signs of even looking sick. they are swimming around as normal, not psyco or lethargic, and do not have fin rot of red gills. I think the dangers over (finally)!

I will miss my fish, especially the gourami. thanks anyway guys

10. LucyModeratorModerator Member

:( I'm really sorry.

11. matt6765Well Known MemberMember

Sorry for your loss:( I wonder what it was?

12. yallyall1Well Known MemberMember

thanks everyone, ive finished medication and everything is doing great now!

slightly off topic now, but any ideas for a lightly stocked tank? i really don't want anymore problems. say a guppy or two?

13. yallyall1Well Known MemberMember

thanks everyone, ive finished medication and everything is doing great now!

slightly off topic now, but any ideas for a lightly stocked tank? i really don't want anymore problems. say a guppy or two?

my mum really wants me to get back onto it!:;thx mum!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice