Gourami + Guppy Fry

Notivation

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey guys!

If I had a honey gourami in a tank with guppies and their offspring, given the fry would have an area to hide, would I have issues with the fry being eaten?

Thanks for your insight.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Notivation said:
Hey guys!

If I had a honey gourami in a tank with guppies and their offspring, given the fry would have an area to hide, would I have issues with the fry being eaten?

Thanks for your insight.
Here we go This guy answers it here He keeps guppies and gouramis together. But I would understand your concern. I have one gourami fry .... tiiiiiiny little things they are

---- SORRY lol I read your post again and no it doesnt answer your question at all well, if it is guppy fry, i think they are pretty big so I dont think gouramis would eat it. I keep rice fish with honey gourami and the small rice fishes are just a tiny bit bigger than guppy fry. So if they survive to be free swimming I would think they would make it

Notivation

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
puffer boi said:
i doubt it honey gourami are very peaceful.
Cool, thanks!

Katarina said:
Here we go This guy answers it here He keeps guppies and gouramis together. But I would understand your concern. I have one gourami fry .... tiiiiiiny little things they are

---- SORRY lol I read your post again and no it doesnt answer your question at all well, if it is guppy fry, i think they are pretty big so I dont think gouramis would eat it. I keep rice fish with honey gourami and the small rice fishes are just a tiny bit bigger than guppy fry. So if they survive to be free swimming I would think they would make it
Yeah, I haven't gotten anything yet. I'm still considering stocking. I was going to get cory cats, but I use flourite and I heard that messes up their barbles. So, just thinking what else I could add.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Notivation said:
Cool, thanks!

Yeah, I haven't gotten anything yet. I'm still considering stocking. I was going to get cory cats, but I use flourite and I heard that messes up their barbles. So, just thinking what else I could add.
I have wild honey gouramis and japanese rice fishes and diamond tetras together. Quiet random choices but I love that they have all primarily silver color except the male gourami, this makes them all blend together, but at the same time each of them have different shape and moves differently and that makes them each stand out in the tank They really stand out with dark background and live plants.

Notivation

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Katarina said:
I have wild honey gouramis and japanese rice fishes and diamond tetras together. Quiet random choices but I love that they have all primarily silver color except the male gourami, this makes them all blend together, but at the same time each of them have different shape and moves differently and that makes them each stand out in the tank They really stand out with dark background and live plants.
That sounds super cool!!

aquatickeeper said:
Your fry should be fine.
What about cherry barbs? Would they eat them?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom