Gourami fungus?

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
My powder blue dwarf gourami I think has a fungus. On and a little below his dorsal fin, there is a light grey coloration-it isn't too cottony and doesn't "stick out" too much but is discolored. I thought it was a fungus, but I don't know. Can anyone help me figure out what it is. Whatever it is, it spread to both of my female fancytail guppies and they both died. I put some Jungle fungus clear in and it hasn't gone away. Anyone know what it is and how I can treat it?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
are there any other symptoms in appearance, behavior, eating?

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well he kinds jerks back and forth when he is just sitting there, not swimming. He still eats, but not as much. When he swims, it's very sporatic and he swims really fast and then stops swimming for a while. I'll have to put a pic up that will help with a visual.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It sounds a lot like Blood Flagellates (Sleeping Sickness) but that would be unlikely unless you had leeches recently.

I did find this page searching for info and although it's for Goldfish, it does cover fish diseases and maybe reading it, you can match your gourami's symptoms (and what happened with the guppys) to a disease listed.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom