Gourami disease

Denzor

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was wondering of anyone cold help me identifying this disease:

20200404_133400.jpg

I have tried to cure him without success. The other fish in my aquarium are rubbing their bodies on objects but do not have the same spots as shown on the picture.

Can anybody help me?

SharkBaitOohHannah

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Welcome to the forum! We’re so glad you’re here as this is such a great place to hang with other fish lovers and get help! :)

Rubbing against objects often indicates a parasite, but that doesn’t necessarily explain the red marks. I’m not an expert, so hopefully this will at least bump you in to someone who knows for sure. Can you tell us more about your tank? It says in your profile that you don’t know about the nitrogen cycle, so I’m wondering if maybe there’s a chemical issue in the water, perhaps causing ammonia poisoning. Do you know the temp, pH, ammonia, nitrites, etc?

OP
D

Denzor

Reaction score
SharkBaitOohHannah said:
Welcome to the forum! We’re so glad you’re here as this is such a great place to hang with other fish lovers and get help! :)

Rubbing against objects often indicates a parasite, but that doesn’t necessarily explain the red marks. I’m not an expert, so hopefully this will at least bump you in to someone who knows for sure. Can you tell us more about your tank? It says in your profile that you don’t know about the nitrogen cycle, so I’m wondering if maybe there’s a chemical issue in the water, perhaps causing ammonia poisoning. Do you know the temp, pH, ammonia, nitrites, etc?
Thanks for the welcome and the information.

I didn't do anything to my profile yet because i'm kinda new :)
so far i haven't noticed any chemical issues with the water i tested.

OP
D

Denzor

Reaction score
DoubleDutch said:
Sorry to say but these ulcers to me are a clean sign if Dwarf Gourami Disease.
Experiences over the years have proven this fish won't make it. I'd euthanise.
Sorry for that.
It seems that you are correct indeed, since this is the 3rd Gourami in a row who got this disease.
Unfortunately they have passed away over the last days so i have no choice to euthanize the third one.

I appreciate your reply (y)

iLiKDWARFPLATIES

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Maybe to prevent the next one, you can change the water hardness, or check ammonia.

New Threads