got some new mollies 30 Gallon Tank 

dlewin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I got two new female mollies for my male. the one marble molly I had died and it was a female. Well this marble molly just had about 50 babies I got it all on video I am up loading it to utube. right now when its done I will post it in here.

heres speckles in the tank until I figured out she was about to give birth
836.jpg

Speckles just before having her babies. So if you want to know when your molly is going to pop this is two hours before she gave birth.
837.jpg

here is my other molly she is white I think I will call her Powder
838.jpg
839.jpg
840.jpg

fraserm

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Molly's always have the best colours I still have never owned any.

dlewin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
heres the video I did not mean to scare her like that I will make sure I have enough room next time. I have 47 new baby mollies 16 were still born but I gave them to my firemouths they loved them.

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Oh those are beautiful mollies

tony toolbox

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i'm gobsmacked! I have I black female, and 2 white, 1M & 1 F/M. the white female gave birth yesterday, we think, as she has shrunk. we saw only one baby this morning, and can't see that tonight. though there is plenty of plant to hide in, I fear the worst! I take it she would have had more than 1 or 2 then?
should I have taken her out?

dlewin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
tony toolbox said:
i'm gobsmacked! I have I black female, and 2 white, 1M & 1 F/M. the white female gave birth yesterday, we think, as she has shrunk. we saw only one baby this morning, and can't see that tonight. though there is plenty of plant to hide in, I fear the worst! I take it she would have had more than 1 or 2 then?
should I have taken her out?
I would have taken her out. I had this happen with a sword a few days ago I only found three. Mark the date and in 4 weeks time put her in a 5 gallon by herself with lots of plants. And watch her like a halk I always take my females out. With mollies since its hard to see a gravid spot if any going by date would be the best thing to do. oh and take the babies out and put them in a tank by themselfs with a sponge filter or put a peace of plastic canvas over the power filter. make sure the fry tank is heated I have a 10 gallon fry tank just for the fry. When I found a fry in the tank I took all the big fish out then grabbed all the fry then put the big fish back in.

tony toolbox

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
found two more today, took out the adults, and they are beside the filter, having no problems.

your marble is beautiful by the way dlewin!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Dlewin,

Great videos! Congrats on the new Molly and the fry! Beautiful fish!

Ken

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It's like a buy one get 47 free sale!
Great video

dlewin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
well I found the white molly dead today. I took the male out as he was chasing them contanly I don't think he even slept. I know he got speckles knocked up again I seen him do it. so from now on I will just put a few females in his tank for a few days after she gives birth then put her back. the female had a bunch of babies I am thinking of keeping 5 females would 6 be ok with him to live with without him killing them. But I think my first method is fine.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads