got some blue velvets today!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Invertebrates' started by monkeypie102, Jan 5, 2013.

1. monkeypie102

monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Due to a trade made earlier last year by featherblue and I today i have finally gotten my first blue velvets!!! They are sooo pretty she sent me 6 but 1 died (moment of silence)

Okay so right now they are drip acclimating and will for about 2 hours and then will be released into the 10g and share it with 1 betta and 3 rosy minnows (who will be moved back to kapa's tank to become food) they are swiming around like crazy in the small acclimation box i have! I will try to get some pictures but i have a horrible camera.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
  2. kinezumi89

kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

:eek: I don't think I would keep fancy shrimp with a betta. That's just me though. Congrats, you know the rule about pictures! :p

3. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

Bettas like to eat shrimp. It's like going out to an expensive dinner :D

4. Tigress Hill

Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

I'm also getting some shrimp from feather, and Draco better be nice or I'll spank his... bottom with the Bat-belt!:mad:

Actually, I have a different tank for them if it doesn't work out;)

5. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

As with all my bettas they go through 3 tests... and he has passed the all (shrimp, snail and fish) if they get along with all I keep them if not i send them to my brother who houses them in his 5g... so far only 1 has not passed :) so no... no expensive dinners!

6. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Its time to remove half the water from the container... I want to acclimate them for at least an hour in a half... its been about an hour only 30 mins until i never see them again xD 5 in a 10g its to be expected...

7. featherblueWell Known MemberMember

What's your ph at in the new tank? Their first tank was at 7.5........id worry more about the ph adjustment than the time acclimating.

8. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

My Ph is the same but still better safe than. Sorry (I haven't tested the Ph yet I should probably do that while I wait!)

Oh and the plants you sent me...0_o that's a lot haha... Kappa has downed 1/4 of the frogbit already... I need to learn your secret so I can grow it for her and still get it from you...

9. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

IMG_20130105_210558.jpg
    Kappa's full tank view... before adding the frogbit
    ... I had to force her on the perch like 3 times before I got a decent pic
    IMG_20130105_221936.jpg

Her going for food
    IMG_20130105_221931.jpg
    She noticed I had the camera and stopped and looked at me like "I don't watch you eat..." lol love this turtle!

Btw its so foggy because she loves digging in the sand and eating MTS she finds... I have been keeping an eye I case she gets Co stipated from the sand... but so far she is a poop machine lol... due for a water change tomorrow... I need to find a cheap canistar filter for her... or a good internal hob

10. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

Aquatop/SunSun is good. I've got a Jebao that I like. It was $50. I've got a thread about it I can dig up if you'd like.

11. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice