29 Gallon Tank Got my cories!! Fast little buggers too.

psalm18.2

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My LFS finally got my pygmy corydoras! Had to buy them all, couldn't leave a lonely one. I never knew how fast they swim. Or that they swim everywhere. Fast little guys! They're darting all over like fish on speed!!

OP
psalm18.2

psalm18.2

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Are they supposed to be so hyper? What kind are you getting?
Here's mine

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Whatever kind the store has. I think they are doing that because they are new. I would expect them to settle down.

OP
psalm18.2

psalm18.2

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well they did move from a 10G in store to 29G. Maybe they're like, "whoohoo, swim room!"

mtsguy21

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I have 4 albino in my 30g, 2 green and 2 peppered in my 15, and 5 pandas in my 75g. They are all hyper at times and swim all over the place! It is just their personality. When they aren't swimming around like crazy they just chill out together on the bottom. Enjoy your new cories!

mosaicguppy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I agree, mine were always hyper when first introduced and it continues for about a day before they just sit on the gravel for about a week! Let them adjust.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I love my pygmies! I definitely want to get more. At the beginning, they were nuts, like yours. But after time, they've mellowed out some. If they're not cruising for food now, they're laying on the driftwood catching a nap.

OP
psalm18.2

psalm18.2

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Today they were nestled under my tree stump deco. I did disturb the whole tank adding plants & some sand. They really like the little sand spot. Unfortunetly I accidently killed one moving stuff around. I was so mad at myself! I vowed never to move things again. They are chilling out already, much calmer today.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I agree that it doesn't look like a pygmy cory but I don't know enough to say what species it is.

I love your aquascaping. That tank looks really cool!

OP
psalm18.2

psalm18.2

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks everyone. Sorry, they are habrosus. Even smaller than pygmy if I remember correctly. Anyways they stay small, like minicorydoras. They have calmed down, only swimming up every once in awhile. It's like they. Try so hard to swim up and falll right back down. Yesterday when they did I would say "weeeee" and my husband looked at me like I was nuts! I did loose another one so I wonder if my male mollie is biting or it got stuck in the wisteria. The male mollie is getting a batchlor pad this week. His very own 10G.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
At that size, I imagine you'd have to be really careful about what other species you have in the tank.

OP
psalm18.2

psalm18.2

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I haven't seen any bullying, but my male mollie has started hanging in the plants at the bottom. He was always at the top before. He's being separated because he's harrassing my females. I don't want babies.

mosaicguppy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
LOL, if my fish did that I would probably say weeee as well!
Dwarf cories are best kept with small, non aggressive fish. They seem to do well with honey gouramis. They are shy, so won't do very well with fish that might be aggressive towards them. And habrosus mainly stay at the bottom unlike the other two so watch them carefully.

OP
psalm18.2

psalm18.2

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hmm. You think mollies are too aggressive?

New Threads