20 Gallon Tank Got back into fish keeping

koros1691
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to stop by and say Hi! I have learned so much already just from reading all of the great information here.

I recently moved out to live with my then girlfriend, now fiancée, and was missing having fish in my life as my dad has had an aquarium for as long as I can remember, so I decided to get a tank of my own! I am so glad I got one, but am slowly realizing I will most likely have MTS very soon

I can't wait to share some of my knowledge and experience when the time comes

AcornTheBetta
koros1691 said:
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to stop by and say Hi! I have learned so much already just from reading all of the great information here.

I recently moved out to live with my then girlfriend, now fiancée, and was missing having fish in my life as my dad has had an aquarium for as long as I can remember, so I decided to get a tank of my own! I am so glad I got one, but am slowly realizing I will most likely have MTS very soon

I can't wait to share some of my knowledge and experience when the time comes
Welcome to Fishlore!

This site has tons and tons of useful information.

I'm glad you decided to get back into the hobby since keeping aquariums is just truly amazing. How big is that tank? Plants? Stocking? Can we see some pictures? Sorry for the barrage of questions lol. Embrace the MTS since it's bound to happen. I hope your fiancée likes fish since your gonna have a lot soon lol.

I think that time will come sooner than you think.

koros1691
AcornTheBetta said:
Welcome to Fishlore!
Haha, thanks for the welcome, and don't worry about the barrage Let me see what I can do to answer them.

AcornTheBetta said:
How big is that tank?
I picked up a 20 tall for now, but eventually once we get a bigger place(or move some things around) will be getting a larger tank

AcornTheBetta said:
Just some fake ones for now. I have been thinking more and more to replace some or all of them with live ones once I get my feet "wet" with my own tank.

AcornTheBetta said:
Stocking?
I see you found my other post for help on that one already as I was answering this , but I currently have

Current stock
6 x Celestial Pearl Danio
6 x Glowlight Rasbora

AcornTheBetta said:
Can we see some pictures?
Oh, I guess so

AcornTheBetta
koros1691 said:
Haha, thanks for the welcome, and don't worry about the barrage Let me see what I can do to answer them.

I picked up a 20 tall for now, but eventually once we get a bigger place(or move some things around) will be getting a larger tank

Just some fake ones for now. I have been thinking more and more to replace some or all of them with live ones once I get my feet "wet" with my own tank.

I see you found my other post for help on that one already as I was answering this , but I currently have

Current stock
6 x Celestial Pearl Danio
6 x Glowlight Rasbora

Oh, I guess so
A 20g is a good starting place if your just getting back into the hobby since it offers way more options than a 10g does.

Once you feel comfortable, you should definitely get some live plants. They are really not that much more work to take care off and make all the difference for looks and for the fish's well being. This doesn't mean that keeping fish with fake plants is bad for them, it just is stating that live plants are better. If your interested in buying some live plants, check out Marcus Fish Tanks. I and many other's here love them since they give, nice, big, healthy plants for a really good cost. They are super nice there and often give extras with your order. Their shipping also costs only $5 which is half what other people charge. Just search for Marcus Fish Tanks on Fishlore and you'll find a lot of great reviews.

Lol yeah I found the other post.

Oooo. Good looking tank!

koros1691
AcornTheBetta said:
A 20g is a good starting place if your just getting back into the hobby since it offers way more options than a 10g does.

Once you feel comfortable, you should definitely get some live plants. They are really not that much more work to take care off and make all the difference for looks and for the fish's well being. This doesn't mean that keeping fish with fake plants is bad for them, it just is stating that live plants are better. If your interested in buying some live plants, check out Marcus Fish Tanks. I and many other's here love them since they give, nice, big, healthy plants for a really good cost. They are super nice there and often give extras with your order. Their shipping also costs only $5 which is half what other people charge. Just search for Marcus Fish Tanks on Fishlore and you'll find a lot of great reviews.

Lol yeah I found the other post.

Oooo. Good looking tank!
Thanks for the suggestions, I will have to see if they will ship up to Canada as I know most places don't want to go through the hassle (and I don't blame them at all, its not a fun process). I figure it will most likely be a when, not an if I decide to switch as the more and more I look into it, the more I see the benefits of having them.

AcornTheBetta
koros1691 said:
Thanks for the suggestions, I will have to see if they will ship up to Canada as I know most places don't want to go through the hassle (and I don't blame them at all, its not a fun process). I figure it will most likely be a when, not an if I decide to switch as the more and more I look into it, the more I see the benefits of having them.
No problem! I think they might... If not, you could contact them and work something out. Live plants are great, I promise that you will not regret adding them to your tank.

Top Bottom